Sunday, June 13, 2010

Coffee and Salted Caramel Brownies in an instant.

Well, i just finished a year of school and now can focus on slacking off again. After a year of sonic, taco bell, and pizza I am ready to make some yummy home-made fare again. I'm sure my family is equally ready as well, and I am happy that my freedom comes just in time for fresh fruits and vegetables. Cherry season is coming up, stay tuned for some pink stained recipes. For now I must share this half home-made half cheater from a box gooey sweet sticky salty rich and amazing pan of diet killing calories that i invented and cooked within 20 minutes! (while waiting for a date with a  group final project.)

Ingredients:

Brownies
1 box family sized brownie mix of choice
2-3Tbsp Turkish ground coffee (or instant coffee granuals)

Mix brownies accordint to package directions, along with the coffee. pour in your pan and set aside.

Caramel 

1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk (i used whole, i cant guarantee results with others, cream may be good too)


Bring butter and sugar to a boil on high heat. when well incorporated remove from heat and add milk. Return to heat and allow to boil until it coats a spoon somewhat thickly. You do not want it to hard set. Think a thin ice cream topping. drizzle some of the caramel on top of the uncooked brownies and bake according to directions. halfway through baking, or when the top is well set, pour remaining caramel over the top evenly and sprinkle with kosher salt. Return to the oven. Cook an additional 5 minutes longer than the package directions.


cool completely before eating.


Total prep time, 20 minutes.

Why packaged brownie mix Chadya? I thought you were all about cooking from scratch?

True, but, like talking to myself on my blog, some things just happen, regardless of their ability to be accepted by the status quo.

There are three reasons. 1. I had 30 minutes before i had to meet my study group for some online collaboration. 2. I am a horrible cake baker, as i tend to over mix, not measure, and ad lib. when it comes to cake its always boxed cake mix with a Chadya twist thrown in. 3. Brownie mix is one thing that I think is already perfect and does not need me to make complicated. why do it the hard way when the easy way is so yum?


And that my friends. Is my return to food bloggery.


maybe i will post pics later if i feel like torturing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment